Well, I have been back to work for four days now. In those four days I have gotten three new students. That now makes 59 students - 42 ESL. I am exhausted! I have gone to bed at 8:30 two nights this week. I kind of thought I might have a nervous breakdown. Praise the Lord that I am not feeling as stressed now that I have all report cards copied and delivered along with several other things I had to do. Now only 59 reading assessments to get done before January 31st. Yip...eee (said with no emotion if you can't tell). Nevertheless...these circumstances are only temporary. These light and momentary troubles will come to an end but my God is everlasting! What a blessing that is!
The encouraging: One of my new students hugged me several times on his first day. His other teacher must have been really mean or something! Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I usually hear, "You're funny, Miss Miller!" several times a week. Not sure what is up with that except that I just act ridiculous to keep the attention of 29 students. Thank goodness it usually helps!
The funny: When answering the question "Is he sad or happy?", one of my students said, "Sappy!" (Hee Hee!)
6 comments:
I can't compare to that 59 students, but I have already gotten 2 new students (both from Chicago) with in 3 days this week. I did my DIBELS assessments today for all of my students. I feel you on being exhausted. I'm 80% finished with report cards....
Praise God for the hope that He give us! Good post!
Keep you focus on truth chica! These troubles are momentary....you know that, of course. Just reminding you. :)
I admire your dedication and ability to work with 59 students! That is incredible! Keep it up girl!
Enjoyed abusing yesterday and the day before. ;-)
Thanks for the reminder Toad!
Post a Comment