Just in case you wondered... Having 33 Kindergartners on the first day of school can really be overwhelming and makes one feel like she might be losing her mind. You should have seen the look of pity on my colleagues' faces as they saw me walk down the hallway with my long line of charming little ones. Just imagine a bunch of 5 year olds who have never had to listen too much, like to talk whenever they want and all think they HAVE to use the restroom at the same time just because someone happened to mention the word "bathroom". I was kinda surprised when one told me that he was having fun...because fun wasn't really the first word that popped into my head :). I even had a "visitor". That would be a child that we did not know, who wouldn't tell me his name and who I was pretty sure wasn't even in my class.
The bright side is that they are so cute and there are MANY who really did what they were supposed to do :). Lots of hugs and smiles are definitely a perk of the job. I love my job because of their bright faces and I'm know we will have a great year. I am also SO thankful for my assistant who was such an amazing help as always! I know the Lord is going to grow me in this process of patiently waiting for a solution to my class size problem. I know what he does is good :).
1 comment:
yeah! jodi survived and found the silver lining in the first week of new students...
Post a Comment