I was chatting with two of my kindergartners today in the hallway. Here is how part of the conversation went:
Student A says to teacher (that would be me): My bus driver gave me some candy the other day.
Student B says under his breath: I didn't get jack squat!
Teacher: Just about cracks up as she asks Student B what he said just to be sure. He had a hard time admitting what he said. I just thought it was hilarious!
I think I need to write a book! In fact I think I could write a book about what "Student B" says alone! He sure comes up with some good ones. Yes, he is the one who also asked if I use the bathroom sometimes. See, having 58 kindergartners really can be fun!
7 comments:
too funny toad,
I KNEW who student B was even before I got to the end!! I wish you would write a book about Student B...it would be a best seller for sure!! (I am on spring break next week -Disney World, but the week after than I would like to come in! I'll contact you)
Remind me to tell you on Sunday what one of my boys did this week. It is seriously SHOCKING!
My favorite of the year was when one of my boys told me that "Pink is pimpin'!" (You can tell I teach inner city children...)"
LOL! I miss those comments from elementary kiddos! So straight forward - it is like they have a different logic. Middle school kiddos have their own entertaining touch. I had a student tell me he had gotten grounded over the weekend. When I asked what had happened, he shared that he was drilling holes in his ceiling because he was building an elevator for his cat. At first, I thought this was very odd. Then, he explained that the cat was old and couldn't jump onto his bed anymore. So he was building him an elevator so he could still enjoy cuddle time. I think they should have a Chicken Soup type book for teachers to send in great stories to share! Maybe we should start one!
On the other end of the spectrum working with the elderly can be quite comical as well. I sit and wish that I had kept a journal of the things that have been said to me or asked of me.
Kim, I believe the do have a Chicken Soup book for teachers. Let me go check....
Ah, yes I have a copy....(seriously)!
Let me know if you want to borrow it!
Yep! That would be fun to read over the summer! I'll put it on my reading list!!! :)
Post a Comment