Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas 2012

Oh how things can change in a year! A year ago I was praying fervently for a birth mom to choose me to adopt her baby. There were many tears and stress as I waited and waited - not knowing if or when I would ever be chosen. But as always God is always faithful and His timing is always perfect. He showed up big. To read the whole story of my little guy, you can check back at previous posts.
There are so many things that the Lord has shown me since my sweet boy has arrived home. Above all things he has taught me that He is faithful. Period. He knows what we need and He knew that Malachi and I would be perfect for each other. He also has been an Answer-er of Prayer. From little things like answering my prayer that it would stop raining so I could get Malachi in to school without getting soaked to answering the prayer (in a BIG GOD way) that Malachi's birth mom would make the right decision for all three of us. The way He has chosen to answer prayer has taught me that 1) He can be trusted and He loves us enough to answer teensy prayers. So when a prayer is not answered the way I thought would be best, I can trust that He will accomplish all things our best and His glory. 2) He has taught me that I should pray bigger - that He may show Himself bigger to us and to the world around us. I love that He loves my Malachi more than I do. I love that He cares about the small things. I love that He will always be with us. 

The little man was 9 months old on November 28! He was 6 lbs. 10 oz at birth and now is approximately 23 lbs and is also a pretty tall guy! Yes, that is funny - hopefully he won't pass Mommy up before Kindergarten ;) He eats great and adjusts to new foods without too much of an issue.

Malachi is an incredibly sweet baby boy, who captures the hearts of everyone he comes in contact with. He is laid back, flexible and goes with the flow. On the flip side he can be loud, silly and wiggly :) His favorite thing to do these days is to crawl around the house and explore. He is learning the meaning of the word "no" and is pretty good at "re-routing" to do something new when Mommy says it. He likes to play independently with his toys but he also loves to have Mommy tickle him and snuggle with him - the best of all worlds :). We love to play tackle/tickle football - which consists of Mommy giving him his football, pretending he is running and then "tackle" him and tickle, tickle, tickle him! It's fun for all! Malachi likes toys that light up and play music. He also enjoys looking at books and hearing someone read to him. Animal sounds always make him laugh! One thing that calms him down quickly is for me to sing to him. Some of his favorite songs right now are Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus Loves Me and Great is Thy Faithfulness

Malachi goes to an in-home daycare three days a week. I love it when his daycare provider kisses and snuggles him when I drop him off. I love how her teenage daughter always begs to hold him, I love how the other children always say, "Bye, bye, Khi-Khi!" when I pick him up. I know that he is loved and cared for and that makes me happy. It has been very hard to leave him but those things help to make it easier. On the other two days, Malachi goes to my sister's house. On Aunt Pam days, he often gets caught up on his sleep :). Her huge walk-in closet is the perfect place for his pack 'n play! I love that he gets to be with his aunt and cousins.

Below are SOME of my favorite pictures from the last nine months. I am a picture freak - as you know if you are friends with me on Facebook ;). 
March
Is he incredibly cute or what! 
This picture is from our first day home!
This precious boy is a such a blessing!
One of Malachi's newborn pictures taken by Aunt Pam. 
She did a great job!

Malachi - 1 month old

April




Handsome baby boy!
Malachi with his cousins at Easter!
Sometimes Mommy isn't as fast as he wants her to be
Malachi - 2 months old
May
My happy boy! Look how sweet!
Malachi and Mommy on Mother's Day
Malachi - 3 months old





June

This boy never fails to make Mommy smile!
June 14, 2012: My baby boy is officially a Miller!
My sister, her family (minus Caleb) and my friend Melissa came to celebrate this special day for us! 

Malachi - 4 months old
July
July 4, 2012 - 
Look at this silly little firecracker!

Malachi's first vacation - We went to Niagara Falls!

Little Stinker!
Malachi - 5 months old
August

Beautiful Eyes!
Could he be tired of Mommy taking pictures? 
Nah - of course not! ;)


Malachi - 6 months
September
Love this picture of Malachi and me.
My friend, Jenn, took these pictures for us. 
They are beautiful!
Mommy's little Colts fan!


Malachi - 7 months old!
October
Getting a pumpkin!
Malachi's friend, Claire, was adopted from the same agency three weeks after Malachi.
They are so funny together!

All dressed up for church!
Malachi - 8 months old!



November

The IU football game! And we actually won!

Santa boy!
Done with the hat!



Oh so cute!
Melts a Mommy's heart - 
He's looking at His Bible :)

I pray that your year was wonderful, too! I also pray that this year has brought you closer to Jesus - who loves you so much. I heard this quote recently - "He lived the life we should have lived and died the death we should have died." His gift is free - He came for you!

No comments: