Thursday, June 14, 2012

Forever Family!

Today was a very special for my SON, Malachi and me. Today he "officially" gained my last name. He is my dad's only grandson with the last name "Miller". Not only did Malachi get the last name Miller but he also got a second middle name "David" - which is my dad and brother's middle name. Yes, that is special :). Especially special with Father's Day on Sunday. God's timing is indeed perfect. On Sunday, it is our Parent/Child Dedication at church. This dedication is only one time a year at our church and it "just happens" to be this Sunday - right after finalization. Yes, perfect timing :)

It was a happy day with my family. My sister, brother-in-law, Connor, Noah, Daniel and my friend Melissa came and joined in our big day. The hearing went quickly and it was a done deal! The judge asked, with a smile, if we had a dog. I said, "No, maybe someday :)." I guess he thinks every little boy should have a dog! Kinda funny because I was just thinking the other day about the possibility of getting a dog :). Then we were able to take some pictures with the judge. He even complimented Malachi on his shoes :). We went to the lookout area at the top of the City-County building (where the hearing was) afterward. Then Melissa, Malachi, Noah and I went to the Strawberry Festival before meeting Pam, John, Daniel, Connor and Amanda (Connor's girlfriend) at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.











Now Malachi is forever a part of the Miller family - like it or not ;). I am so thankful for today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you both so much. Malachi you are so sweet i can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you both so much. Malachi you are so sweet i can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!!