Well, it has been a year of rejoicing and HOPE- with its share of struggles and sadness, as any year has. This will sum up the year for all my dear friends and family!
January -
Nephew #2, Caleb turned 15!
Nothing else too notable occurred in this month...I can't remember anything anyway :)
February -
Volunteered to help at a Biblical Counseling Training Conference that is held annually at our church. This year I am actually going to attend!!!
My sister, Pam, had surgery to put an end to her cancer...for that we are grateful!
Please pray for her as she continues to have some health challenges.
March -
Started to mentor a young lady at our church's residential treatment center. It was a time of growth for both of us. I had opportunity to sit in on her counseling sessions each week and felt like I was being counseled often myself! Unfortunately, this young lady left in rebellion in October but it was not wasted time. I pray that the teaching she received at Vision of Hope will continue to stay in her mind and heart.
April -
Celebrated Our Savior's resurrection at Kyra and Nate's new house! We played games and enjoyed a great time together - as usual!
May -
Our church experienced a great tragedy with the loss of a mother and her two young children in a house fire on the night of May 15th. Hardly a day goes by that I do not think of Leah, Sophia and Harrison - and the husband, father (Brian) they left behind. I had the privilege of teaching Sophia and Harrison in Sunday School. We grieve but also rejoice for we know where they are today - each confessed Jesus Christ as their Savior, so we know they are in Heaven today.
Our church experienced a great tragedy with the loss of a mother and her two young children in a house fire on the night of May 15th. Hardly a day goes by that I do not think of Leah, Sophia and Harrison - and the husband, father (Brian) they left behind. I had the privilege of teaching Sophia and Harrison in Sunday School. We grieve but also rejoice for we know where they are today - each confessed Jesus Christ as their Savior, so we know they are in Heaven today.
Rounded out a great year with my students! I'm so grateful for the job that I have that I REALLY enjoy. I am often overwhelmed with the incredible opportunity I have to reach these young lives.My friend, Melissa and I took an FABULOUS trip to Hawaii! We took a 7-day cruise to visit four different places. It was relaxing and very enjoyable! To read more about that in detail - you can see an older post I did :)
My youngest nephew, Daniel turned 5! For the first time I got to take him out to lunch at Wendy's (his favorite!), a movie and to choose is gift! (I do this with each of my nephews)
July -
Pam, Connor, Caleb, Noah, Daniel and I went to Pennsylvania to visit family and friends! It was a fun trip as usual - we went to Hershey Park, had homemade ice cream, corn on the cob, Dutch Blitz, and much more!!!
Nephew #3, Noah turned 11! I took Noah and his buddy Jackson to Tropicanoe Cove water park! They had lots of wet fun!
For the second year in a row I went to Kentucky Lake in Murray, KY with my brother-in-law's side of the family. It was a wonderful relaxing week - they always make me feel like a part of the family!

August -
Started my fourth year at Nora Elementary School. I began with smaller classes (20 and 21). I am now up to 24 and 25. The two classes are VERY different! They are making very good progress and I am excited to see where they will go from here! It is again a very diverse group of kiddos- which I LOVE!
On August 14th we remembered the fourth anniversary of my parents' deaths. I am glad that I am often so busy on this date so I do not have a lot of time to focus on it. My friends always do something with me in the evening so I don't wallow :) This year Melissa, Kathy and I spent the evening with Pam and the boys at the Indiana State Fair. It was a special evening as usual. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to share my testimony of how God's grace. love, faithfulness and provision have changed me through the loss of my dear, dear parents. They are missed every day - but not without hope.
On August 16th we remembered my fourth nephew, Jonah, that we were not able to get to know - as we lost him even before he was born. I bet Jonah and his grandpas and grandmas are having a fun time! I can't wait to meet him!
September -
Celebrated a milestone birthday for my brother, Sean with a surprise birthday party by his wife, Debbie. (The party was actually late in August - but his b-day is Sept.1)
Noah played his first season of football! They even made it to the championship game!
My Sunday School class had its annual retreat at Camp Tecumseh! It was time to get to know my friends better!
Began to mentor another young lady at Vision of Hope. Please pray for her as she experiences challenges and for me and her counselor as we help guide her to truth.
November:
Nephew #1, Connor turned 18! Very, very hard to believe! Connor also found out that he was accepted to Indiana University with a $5000/year scholarship! His Aunt Jodi is exceedingly proud of him!
Celebrated Thanksgiving at Kyra and Nate's house - my team even won Trivial Pursuit!
Our church was offered to buy a piece of land on Purdue University's campus to build a Biblical Counseling Center - to offer free biblical counseling to Purdue students. It is prime property that faces Mackey Arena and Ross Ade Stadium - where Purdue's basketball and football teams play. We are excited about what this will become with God's help!
Went to Yuletide Celebration with the Indianapolis Symphony with Rose, Lori and Melissa. It was great to be able to spend time with them!

Celebrated my 36th birthday with my friends. Lunch with friends, The Blindside and our church's Living Navitity.


Served at our Living Nativity and Christmas For Everyone (gift distribution for needy families).
Excited that our Indianapolis Colts are 14-0! Could it be another Super Bowl year?! We hope so!
AND A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT: Sean and Debbie got a referral on December 17th for the adoption of a baby girl in Ethiopia! We are so excited! Miriam Tseganesh Miller will join our family, Lord willing, in 3-4 months. She will be a year old by then. Baby Miriam was named for my mom. Tseganesh is her Ethiopian name which means Grace - "She has been found". Tseganesh was the name given to her by the police officier that found her. Miriam is my first niece and I have to admit there is a package under my tree for her - those little girl clothes are hard to resist! I can't wait to get to know her!!!!
AND OUR GREATEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER: We celebrate the birth of our Savior - Jesus Christ! Our only hope! This year has been a great time of growth for me. I have learned how to trust him more. I am learning more what it means to have faith in the birth, life, death and resurrection of my Savior - and what it means to trust in the removal of my sinfulness and the gift of His righteousness. It is really quite unfathomable and seems impossible - but His blood was enough to satisfy God's wrath.
My prayer for those who read this Christmas blog is that you too will find love, peace, faith and trust in Jesus Christ - our Only Hope!
(Some books that I have read that have helped me grow in Christlikeness are Trusting God by Jerry Bridges, Because He Loves Me and Comforts from the Cross both by Elyse Fitzpatrick AND OF COURSE THE BEST BOOK - God's Word.)
God bless you all!
1 comment:
:) I love the update!
Post a Comment