Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Day!!!

Its five days until Spring Break so one would expect things to be a bit crazy at school. With an exhausted teacher and 24 Kindergartners that would be expected. Well the expectation did not disappoint. The kiddos were pretty needy today wanting to tell all kinds of stories when it really wasn't a great time to do so :) Don't get me wrong...they are always needy and I do like their stories but my exhaustion didn't help my attitude :/ Anyway, the day held a lot of "Maestra, maestra!" (that's teacher in Spanish by the way) and "Teacher, teacher!" (for my non-spanish speakers). But at the end of the day is when things got a bit more hectic than I would have liked. One of my students had an "accident" that he couldn't take care of on his own so I got to do help. Oh joy :) To be honest, I have NEVER had to clean up a kid in my 12 years of teaching. I'm pretty sure I could have gone a lot longer not doing that! Then, while I was helping him another little girl was outside the door waiting to go...and well, we must have taken a bit too long if you know what I mean. All of this happened at 2:00 and the kids leave at 2:15. Yeah...I was actually kind of amused by it all. It definitely gave me some good perspective :) I am so thankful that isn't what a normal day looks like and I'm VERY grateful that the ESL teachers that were in the room could handle the other kiddos while I was "occupied". God truly has a sense of humor!

No comments: