Monday, May 5, 2008

One of those days :(

Well, it was one of those days in my Kindergarten class. I guess it is to be expected with 28 students and 16 days left of school. I will be completely honest...I did NOT handle the chaos very well. Ugh! I know it could have been worse. I know that God is sovereignly in control of these little things. I know I have been forgiven much. And I know they are just 5 and 6 years old. So therefore, why do I act so ugly sometimes? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I act ugly...cuz of that old curse of sin thing, but I sure wish I wouldn't act that way. Anyway, I would love it if you all could be praying for me as I go through the next 16 days of schools with hyper and distracted kids, deadlines, etc, etc. While you're at it, just pray for anyone you know who is a teacher, because I'm pretty sure they are dealing with the same things!
In order to keep my mind on the right track here are 10 things I'm thankful for (there are about a trillion more that I could add!):
- I'm saved by grace, not by works!
- I have awesome friends who love me!
- My sins are covered and I am forgiven!
- I have a great job that I really do like!
- Jesus will never leave me nor forsake me!
- I have four great nephews and an incredible family!
- Heaven grows closer every day!
- I have a very nice home (and there really aren't too many weeds in my yard!)
- Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever!
- My God is faithful and true!
So friends, when you are feeling "ugly", remember you aren't alone! Run to Him and focus on His truth! Remember also that things could be a lot worse most of the time!

3 comments:

Abby :) said...

And Jodi don't forget...we're thankful that the weekend is coming, Kathy's shower is this week, and her wedding is the following! Yeah for roadtrips.

Mel Eik said...

I posted

Troy & Sherry said...

hang in there friend - i understand what it is like to be ready to be done :)